Our outdoor base is on the River Don at Oughtibridge enabling us to provide:
- Kayak and Canoe Coaching - see details below
- Star testing for BCU (British Canoe Union) awards
- A site for 2 National Division 3 / 4 slaloms each year
- Changing facilities for which we pay a rent
- Bring your own equipment or borrow the club's before deciding what to buy
- Try different types of kayak/canoe before buying your own
- Come along up to 3 times before having to join the club
- Meet other members
The weather and season greatly affects water levels - sometimes it is tranquil so suitable for novices, at other times the fast moving higher water is challenging and appeals to those with skill and experience.
Our coaches will use their experience and judgement to decide if the water level is suitable for you.
Everyone who paddles Rivers (including Don) or lakes (including Rother Valley) needs to be aware of Leptospirosis (Weils Disease). Please see PDF file.
If you've not used the type of map below before, use theand buttons to zoom in and out; you can also 'click and drag' to move the map around.
- Every Sunday 9.30 - 12.00 except those listed on events page.
- Wednesday evenings May - September 6.30pm - 8pm or dusk
- Keep checking the website for other events
River Fees (incl. Coaching)
You may bring your own kit, or borrow the club's - the prices are the same.
† Concessions = OAP's/ 16-19 in full time education / unwaged)
New members please read the information on temporary membership.
How To Find Us....
We're at the end of a track reached from Forge Lane in Oughtibridge: With the one-way system in Oughtibridge you should approach Forge Lane from Orchard St; shortly after entering Forge Lane (new housing), turn left onto the track, follow this to where it opens out and you'll find us there.
Use the postcode S35 0GG to find the River Don site with a Sat Nav device.