Canoeing and Kayaking Events
Canoeing and Kayaking Diary
Generally the club has the following schedule, but check the notices below for the relevant month for more up to date information.
Please see the British canoeing site for up to date information about coronavirus, this can be accessed from the home page.
- Sunday Morning, River Don, Oughtibridge 9.30-12.00
- May to September only - Most Wednesday evenings. River. Don, Oughtibridge 6.30pm-8.00pm
- Friday Evening (except Bank holiday weekends) Hillsborough Leisure Centre
Club Trips Notice
To avoid disappointment on the day - it is important you notify the trip organiser if you intend paddling. Every trip has an upper limit of paddlers to comply with safety guide lines. Please remember to notify the organiser or you may well be turned away on the day. Thankyou
Web Site is being updated at intervals due to a new server sorry for any inconvenience.
1966 - 2020 Sheffield Canoe Club 54 years old
- Fridays at the pool starting at 8:00pm
- Sundays at the river Don at 9:30am
- CANCELLED due to weather: 9th February River Nidd. Meet at the Waterside car park, Knaresborough (HG58DE) at 9:30am. Julie sent me this information: "Couple of us are planning a trip down the Nidd on Feb 9th. If levels are ok we'll start from Hampsthwaite (or a couple of miles further down if not) and end up in Knaresborough. Between 5.5. & 7.5 miles depending on put in. The weather may not be great (wind and rain), so prepare accordingly.
Water will be pretty flat with the odd little broken weir. Probably suitable for all boat types. Suggest we meet at the get out 9:30am - but to be confirmed."
- CANCELLED: February 9th on the river Don. Rising water levels and a hazardous tree mean that this mornings session on the River Don is cancelled. See Ian for details if necessary. I hope to see you on Friday at the pool
- CANCELLED: February 16th on the river Don. The torrential rain and high winds look too hazardous. See you at the pool on Friday.
- PLANNED: 29th February Clean up of Beeley Woods footpath cycleway and river bank 10am to 2:00pm. Organiser SUSTRANS. Meeting point: the Abbey Stainless Steel car park at the end of the beeley wood lane. Insurance tools and safety kit will be supplied by RSC.
It was great to meet volunteers from the university and Sheffield, and to see the plans for the footpath (MJS).
Please see the BCU notice on the Corona Virus
The BCU and the Corona Virus latest
- Every Friday at the pool starting at 8:00
- Unfortunately because of the Coronavirus threat, pool sessions are now cancelled until April. We will keep you posted.
- Every Sunday at the river Don at 9:30
- River sessions on the Don are cancelled until April. We will keep you posted.
- PLANNED: 22nd March River Nidd trip. See February's entry for details, or Julie.
- Help is needed to get the slalom course ready for Aprll. What about 8th March?
- It is likely that that pool and river sessions will stop until at least the end of April. Please check this site regularly for breaking news.
General notice: The lock down is still in effect, and so all trips and activities are cancelled
General notice: The lock down is still in effect, and so all trips and activities are cancelled. We are meeting on Tuesday 9th June, to discuss the way forward whilst observing British Canoeing's guidelines.
General notice: We are observing British Canoeing's guidelines, and until they are in place, Sunday sessions at the river, and sessions at the pool are on hold. We will be introducing a cashless/online payment system for sessions, when they become available.
General notice: We are now open at the river on a Sunday. Please book using the following link. We can take cash payments if offered the correct sum. No change can be given. Please try and bring your own kit. We are observing British Canoeing's guidelines,
Jon Brook, the director of the club has the following message.
"All members of Sheffield Canoe club are invited to our annual AGM (this Wednesday 25th November) at 7:30 via Zoom. We will be voting on committee members and hopefully having a bit of a chat and relax. If you are interested in helping more with the club and it's working this is an ideal time to come have a listen and possibly get involved. There are 13 positions on the committee, but we there are definitely at least two that need members for ( Equipment and Health and safety officers). It is unfortunate we can't at this time meet up in person, but we will make the best of it we can. We would love to see as many members as possible attending.
November 2020 AGM
The AGM was well attended, and new roles have been filled.
We are planning to hold the Slalom event on the weekend of the 24 April
We are planning to hold the second Slalom event on the weekend of the 24 September
November 17th 2021
Our Annual General Meeting